It is all about creating that stunning final print, the tangible, that you can hold in your hands and admire for its beautiful and thought-provoking composition, perfection in technical execution, and meticulous attention to detail in creating the print itself.
Setting the benchmark for Digital Darkroom papers, Platine Fibre Rag provides the aesthetic and feel of the original F-Type Baryta Fibre paper, having a true pure white tone without using optical brighteners that are known to affect the longevity of digitally produced images.
Platine Fibre Rag's extremely high Dmax and exceptional grey tones make it the product of choice for the more discerning black and white as well as colour photographic prints.
- Import images using LR at the default settings for my equipment
- Adjust the Exposure in LR, if needed
- Export to TIFF and open in PS
- Fix white-balance for color accuracy
- Do minimal Dodging and Burning if/as needed
- Apply a few Curves layers to get the look I want
- Remove any dust spots
- And that’s it!
- NO Unsharp Masking
- NO Sharpening
- NO Layer Masks
- NO Gradient Masks
- NO HDR
- NO Editing-Out Content (except for dust spots)
It is this process that helps me bring integrity to my photography and create some of the cleanest, film-like digital prints I have ever seen.